We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Born in the Yorkshire Dales in the UK, raised with a farming background and always surrounded by animals, it was always my dream to work with animals in one form or another.
We moved to Canada in the fall of 2008 for my husband to take a position with the Calgary Police. I ran a day home for several years and once our daughter was old enough, I finally applied to be a receptionist at a local 24-hour veterinary hospital, gaining valuable experience within the veterinary industry. I have recently joined the Acadia Drive team and love the relationships gained within primary care.
I have always had animals in my life and now share my home with a 5 years old Ragdoll cat, 2 years old German Shepherd, a Yorkshire Terrier Mix who is coming up for 6 months old and a bearded dragon, we also have a quarter horse and love trail riding and my daughter does Team Penning.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 403-278-3168. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Acadia Drive Animal Clinic